Monday, March 4, 2013

White Chocolate Blondies

I made these blondies last week for cheat day and Oh. My. Gosh. They were amazing. Incredible. So yummy. I may or may not have eaten about 1/4 of them...You should probably rush out and buy the ingredients today, if you don't have them on hand already. They are that good.

I planned on making the White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Blondies from Six Sisters' Stuff, as white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are my absolute favorite. But, when I was down the baking aisle, I couldn't bring myself to pay $6 for 1 cup of macadamia nuts. Long story short, these bars became White Chocolate Blondies and that's just fine with me, especially since I don't really care for the macadamia nut part! If you're not a fan of white chocolate, you can easily substitute it for dark, semi-sweet, or milk chocolate. You could even use peanut butter or butterscotch chips. Oh, and if you're not a cheap-o like me, feel free to add the macadamia nuts!

Ingredients:

2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
1 1/2 cups light brown sugar
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
2 cups white chocolate chips

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 325*.

Place the brown sugar and butter in a mixing bowl and cream together on medium speed until smooth. [I used my Kitchen Aid stand mixer and it took no time at all; you can do this by hand, but it might take a bit longer.]

While the machine is running, add the eggs and vanilla. Mix well.

Add the flour and baking powder to the mixture, with the speed adjusted to low. Once you have a well-mixed dough, fold in the chocolate chips with a spoon, until well blended.

Grease [nonstick spray works great] and flour a 13x9 pan. Pour the batter into the pan. Use a knife or spoon to evenly spread out the batter as best as you can.

Cook for 25-30 minutes, or until set yet still moist... you don't want to over-bake this! Let the pan cool on a cooling rack and try not to eat them all in one sitting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!