Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Countdown to Christmas!

Thanksgiving is just a few days away and this means that I am only a few days from decorating for Christmas! I had been wanting to make a "Christmas Countdown" for a while now and had been contemplating the best way to go about it. My boyfriend came across an old clock that was to be discarded and thought that it would be perfect for my project. I know, he's the best :)

Here is the before photo, after all the clock components were removed. (Take note of the hole.)

 
Chuck taped the back of the hole and filled the hole with some Bondo.

 
After the Bondo dried, he sanded it smooth. I painted the backing with Chalk Board Paint by Rustoleum. It's awesome stuff and it really is easy to make any hard surface a chalk board! I then took some acrylic paint and added my own touches.

 
The red and green "dots" are actually the nail holes in the metal border. Pretty cute!

 
34 days until Christmas! WOOO HOOO!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!