Sunday, May 12, 2013

Mother's Day: Part 1

My mom is very special to me. She gives so much, yet never expects anything in return. When Mother's Day rolls around each year, I try to do something extra special for her to let her know how much I care for and appreciate her.

This year, I took some of my grandmother's handwritten recipes and turned them into tea towels for one of her gifts! I had the linen-cotton fabric printed through Spoonflower.com and cut the yard of fabric into quarters (the perfect tea towel size). With the help of my amazing boyfriend, we used my sewing machine to finish off and hem the edges.


 
Ignore the creases/fold lines!
 

 
I thought they turned out really well! There's nothing like making your sentimental mother cry by giving her a keepsake of her mother's handwriting and recipes she grew up with.
 
If you'd like a full tutorial so that you can make your own custom fabric or keepsake tea towels, check out this site for some really helpful step-by-step directions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!