Monday, October 7, 2013

Trip Recap

Hello, hello. I hope you all had a great weekend. My weekend was far too short, but it was good to get back into a routine with work today. I taught three classes this morning and had a fairly easy day after that, so I can't complain!
 
We spent the weekend in Virginia (Williamsburg to Charlottesville to Staunton and back) retrieving/delivering furniture for a good friend. Babe and I had the chance to visit Carter Mountain Orchard, have some time away from the island getting to go to stores we don't have (lots of time in Barnes & Noble, a trip to Trader Joe's, Anthropologie, and a few others), stuffing our faces with too much junk food, and we even got some great furniture out of it!
 
While the mountains weren't quite yet in their full Fall glory (It was in the upper 80s while we were there), we did get to see a few leaves that had changed colors. We simply love the mountains no matter the season; it was gorgeous!
 
 
Chipotle- we don't get to visit this place enough!
 
 
The guiltiest pleasure of the trip... a Mini Vermonster to share
 

World Market

 

Apple Cider Donuts





 
Falafel and pickled turnips @ Aromas Café
 
 
Chicken Shawarma Wrap @ Aromas Café - loved the flavors!
 
 
The food at Food for Thought was delicious and it's such a neat restaurant
 

Grandma's Meatloaf

 
Jamaican Jerk Chicken with Mango Salsa


 
I've told myself that I won't get on a scale for at least a week! We definitely indulged on this trip, but hey, that's what "vacations" are for!
 
What did you do last weekend?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!