Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Peach Crisp for Two

Happy Wednesday, everyone! I hope your week is off to a great start! On Monday I shared printables to get you ready for Christmas and today I'm sharing a recipe that will take you back to summer. Crazy, I know, but this cold weather is killing me :)
 
I adore fresh fruit; it's probably my favorite type of food and it's the top reason why I love summer . I was beyond excited to get a little "get well" bucket full of fruit from my friend, Mary Beth, when I was feeling under the weather back at the end of summer. I usually like to eat fresh fruit raw- the way it's found in nature, but when I saw two beautiful peaches at the bottom of the bucket, I knew I had to bake one of them.
 
Peach crisp for two, anyone? Yes, please!
 
This recipe is quite decadent and utterly delicious. Don't say I didn't warn you :)
 
P.S. -- I'm totally aware that peaches aren't in season, so feel free to used canned or frozen peaches if needed.
 
Ingredients:
 
1 ripe peach
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 tablespoons oats
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 pinch of salt
1 tablespoon shredded coconut
1 tablespoon slivered almonds
2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cubed
 
Directions:
 
Preheat the oven to 350*F. Cut the peach in half and remove the skin. Or do it the other way around...
 

Remove the pit and slice the peach into 10 pieces. Place the slices in a ramekin or small baking dish.


In a small bowl, whisk the flour, sugar, cinnamon, oats, salt, almonds, and coconut. Once well combined, pour the mixture over the peach slices. Place the butter cubes over the dry mixture.
 
 
 Bake for 20 minutes, or until the topping is golden brown. Mine was looking a little flour-y, so I stirred mine halfway through.
 

You guys, this smells delicious! I'm not even exaggerating. And it tastes divine. Still, no exaggeration. Other than eating a ripened peach as-is, I'm convinced that this is the best way to eat a peach. Hands down!


What's your favorite thing to do with peaches?


 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!