Saturday, December 15, 2012

Prayers for Newton, CT

I couldn't believe what I was seeing when watching the news yesterday afternoon. Just a few days after the tragic shooting in Oregon, a little town in Connecticut was faced with an even greater tragedy.
 
I am absolutely heartbroken for the families and friends of those who lost loved ones in the Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting. I am especially sad for the parents who have lost their young children. Although I do not have kids of my own, I can only imagine that losing a child would be the worst feeling in the world. For these parents and families, the holidays are going to be very tough for many years to come. I can't even imagine the pain that these people are going through and I ask you to take a moment out of your day to say a little prayer for them. I also ask that you remember the lives that were lost and not the name or face of the man who took those lives.
 
We live in such an awful time where an individual can enter a school, movie theater, mall, church, etc. and take the lives of innocent victims. These types of tragedies have been taking place far too often. It is not right for children to feel unsafe at school or shoppers to feel unsafe in a mall. Something must be done and it needs to take place before we turn to the headlines to learn of another similar tragedy.
 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!