Thursday, April 25, 2013

A Pretty Perfect Day

Hello, all! I hope you are all having a lovely day. I was so thankful when the sun finally decided to come out yesterday. It ended up being such a gorgeous and enjoyable day. Chuck and I went skateboarding around my neighborhood and through the village. I haven't used my board since last year, so I wasn't sure if my legs would remember what to do... they remembered and it was a ton of fun. We definitely need to break out our boards more often.

Because the air temperature was so warm, we decided to drive to the sound to dip our toes in the water. It was actually very bearable and felt surprisingly nice. It reminded us of summer days spent on the beach so we decided to get some Shock Top to take home and enjoy.

 
Dinner time was nearing by the time we got back to the house and chicken was on the menu. I bought two small all-natural whole chickens for less than $2 each at the grocery store yesterday; I love it when expiration dates are near and the markdowns take place! I 'm always intimidated when cooking a whole bird, so I kept it simply by roasting them in the oven with some butter, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. It was delicious!
 
I served an edamame, feta, and cranberry salad along with the chicken and it also did not disappoint. My friend Mary Beth gave me the recipe for this salad. It's super simple and delicious. All you need is a frozen bag of edamame (I cook mine first, then cool it), feta cheese (I use reduced fat), dried cranberries, and a bed of romaine. I ate my salad with a drizzle of light balsamic vinaigrette, but it is perfect as-is. The kitty thoroughly enjoyed chasing a dropped edamame bean around the kitchen. Apparently, she never learned not to play with food.


I have a busy week ahead of me (finals, etc.) so I may not post for a while, but I hope beautiful warm weather has found you, wherever you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!