Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Homemade Granola

Happy Tuesday, everyone! I was so excited to take a break from studying to meet up with my friend Nannette on Monday. We met for sushi and had a great time catching up; it had been far too long. It was truly great food and great company.

When I got home, I made a small batch of granola and I wanted to share the recipe with you. I'm not a huge fan of store-bought granola, as I really like to control what goes into my food (especially the sugar content). This granola has no added sugar, it's gluten free, and vegan; everyone can enjoy it! I love to sprinkle this granola over yogurt for a tasty breakfast or as a snack.

Homemade Granola

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups oats
1/2 cup raisins
2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or coconut oil)
2 tablespoons water
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of salt
1/2 cup to 1 cup fresh fruit, chopped (I used blueberries)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350* and spray a 9" x 9" pan (or a loaf pan) with non-stick spray. In a food processor, pulse 1 cup oats, raisins, oil, water, cinnamon, and salt until well combined. Empty the contents into a mixing bowl and add the remaining oats and fresh fruit. Press the mixture into the pan and bake for 45 minutes to an hour. If you like a soft and chewy granola, bake for a shorter time and if you like more of a crunchy granola, bake longer :)

Let the granola cool completely and enjoy! Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!