Tuesday, April 23, 2013

White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Blondies

We were so spoiled with such beautiful weather last week and I can't wait until the sun is shining again. This yucky weather makes me want to sleep and eat- that's about it! Baking is something that always seems to lift my spirits and brighten my day.


I made these blondies for my family on Monday night after an easy dinner of my homemade turkey chili and classic grilled cheese. We are a big fan of comfort food in this house! These blondie bars were really easy to make and everyone seemed to enjoy them.

If you're family doesn't really care for snickerdoodles, I would recommend omitting the cinnamon-sugar topping. Without the topping, these are still great blondie bars. You can double the recipe and bake it in a 13" x 9" (just bake a little longer) and you can use different chips instead of white chocolate (dark, milk, semi-sweet, butterscotch, peanut butter, mint, etc.).

White Chocolate Snickerdoodle Blondies

I found this recipe here.

Ingredients

1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 cup flour
1/2 cup white chocolate chips
1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, mixed together

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray an 8" x 8" baking pan with non-stick spray.

In a large bowl (or stand mixer), cream the butter and sugar until fluffy and light. Beat in the salt, egg, and vanilla until well combined. Mix in the flour until combined and stir in the chocolate chips. The batter will be very thick like cookie dough.

Spread and press the batter into the pan. (This is much easier to do if you spray your hands with non-stick spray!) Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar mixture over the top.

Bake for 28-30 minutes (I used a 9" x 9" pan and mine were done at 20 minutes), or until bars are lightly browned. Let cool completely before cutting.

Makes 9 bars. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!