Monday, April 22, 2013

Happy Earth Day

After a long break, I'm back to the blogging world... The focus of this blog is shifting quite a bit. I'll be focusing less on recipes and what I cooked for dinner every night and more on my life in general. This way, I can better share what's going on in my life with those that mean the most to me. While I don't plan to post daily, I do plan to post regularly. So, if you still want to follow me and my posts, please do so!
---------------
Happy Earth Day!

How are you celebrating Earth Day? Or did you even know it was Earth Day? I wanted to do something "green" for the entire month of April to celebrate (like giving up paper towels), but I clean houses for a living so that was not going to happen. After this rain and windy/yucky weather goes away, I'd like to plant a few trees/plants to celebrate.

If you don't do anything else today, turn off the water while brushing your teeth or shampooing your hair. Turn off the lights when you leave a room and keep small appliances unplugged when they are not in use. I'm definitely guilty of using too many plastic bottles, but until our drinking water on this little island improves, I will continue to purchase bottled water. Hey, at least I recycle them.

Here are some other things you can do to minimize your ecological footprint:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!