Saturday, December 21, 2013

Sequin "Christmas Present" Ornament

I hope you all are having a great weekend and are soaking up plenty of holiday cheer! I have a super easy, yet cute craft for you today. When I was in elementary school, my mom and I would make these Christmas Present Ornaments to give to my teachers at Christmastime. These ornaments are really so simple that anyone can make them. And while they might be a bit tedious to make, they're totally worth it- they look absolutely gorgeous hanging on the Christmas tree.

 
These Christmas Present Ornaments start with a cube of foam. White craft foam or green floral foam will both work- just cut the foam into cubes (2 to 2.5 inch squares are what I use). Next, gather the rest of the supplies: sequins (at least two different colors), sequin pins, ribbon, and a floral pin (corsage pin). All of these supplies can be found at your local craft store and online.


Starting at the corner of one side of the cube, begin by pinning the sequins across in even rows, making sure to leave room for the different color sequin (which will look like ribbon). Repeat the process on the other sides of the cube, making sure that your "ribbon" sequins line up correctly.

Once all of the sequins are in place, make a bow with the ribbon and secure it in place with a floral pin.


To hang the ornament, attach clear fish line, hemp, string, or another piece of ribbon to the top of the ornament. I have found that it works best to secure whatever I'm using (fish line, string, etc.) underneath the floral pin.



Any plans for the weekend?

I'm off to do some food prep for the week and get ready for the Christmas Parade this afternoon- everyone from work is participating, so it should be fun! I'm looking forward to some hot chocolate afterwards :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!