Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Cap'n Crunch French Toast

Cap'n Crunch French Toast. I'm not gonna lie... this stuff is amazing! I remember seeing something like this on Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives a few years ago, and I had been thinking about it like crazy lately. 

I made it a few weeks back and I'm hoping that the boyfriend might make me some for my b-day/v-day breakfast. It's calling my name! The cereal caramelizes when it cooks and the finished product- it melts in your mouth. Make this for your sweetie for Valentine's Day.

Cap'n Crunch French Toast

First, prepare your egg mixture. Scramble an egg. Then add a splash of milk, a pinch of salt, a dash of vanilla, and a generous sprinkling of cinnamon. Mix until well combined.


Next, crush up a couple handfuls of Cap'n Crunch cereal until it resembles something like this...


Now you're ready to make this delicious french toast! Begin by dipping both sides of your bread (I used whole wheat sandwich bread) into the egg mixture. Transfer the bread to the cereal crumbs and coat both sides. Finally, place the bread onto a hot griddle (325*) or a frying pan.


Cook until golden brown on both sides and enjoy! For extra decadence, add maple syrup.



Did you ever eat Cap'n Crunch as a kid? What was your favorite childhood cereal?



6 comments:

  1. YUM! I have some of this in the cupboard so I totally want to make some now. It looks amazing. I made some chicken fingers with those once like Planet Hollywood which I thought were great and my husband didn't like them because they were sweet. I can't wait to taste this!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man! Cap'n Crunch Chicken Fingers... you're on to something! Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  2. Yum! This looks so delicious! Can't wait to make it for my kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure they will love it. Let me know how it turns out!
      Thanks for stopping by :)

      Delete
  3. Fun idea! I always love a little crunch on my french toast....this sounds awesome! Thanks for sharing at Saturday Night Fever!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!