Friday, September 12, 2014

Easy Oven Baked Frittata

Hello, hello. The weekend is here! My mom will be here late tonight to visit us; we're so excited to see her and show her our new place. We're trying to figure out how to show her all of the things we love about our new city in just a few short days. It will be challenging for sure!


Earlier in the week I tempted you all with a photo of an awesome oven baked frittata I made. You guys have to try it; it's delicious and so easy to make. I've always been afraid to make true frittatas-- something about cooking it on the stove, flipping it, then transferring it to the oven-- it was just intimidating. This frittata bakes in a pie pan, cake pan, or any baking dish and comes out perfect. It even reheats beautifully. Make this oven baked frittata for an easy breakfast for the week or for your next brunch!


And here's the recipe I promised...



Oven Baked Frittata

This recipe was inspired by Kate at Cookies and Kate

Ingredients:

6 eggs
Splash of skim milk
Handful of shredded cheese (I used Colby jack, but feel free to use your favorite)
1 small onion, finely chopped
1 package of sliced mushrooms
2 big handfuls of spinach
Handful of chopped deli ham (or any other protein)
Salt and pepper, to taste

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 400*F and spray a 9” baking pan with cooking spray (or line with parchment paper). I used a small ceramic baking dish.

Sautee the veggies in a medium-size pan in a little bit of olive oil or cooking spray. Once tender, set aside and let cool.

In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Add the cheese, deli meat, and salt and pepper. Add the sautéed veggies and combine well.

Pour the mixture into your prepared dish and bake for 25 minutes or until the eggs are set and the center feels firm and springy. My ceramic dish baked for about 30 minutes. 


Enjoy :) And have a fabulous weekend, friends!



4 comments:

  1. It looks delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe. I shared it on Pinterest so more people can make an awsome frittata.
    Regards
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Charlotte! I'm glad you stopped by :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your post at the Say G’Day Saturday Linky Party. I’ve just tweeted about it and will be featuring you at my Friday Favorites post!

    Best wishes and hope to see you again this weekend.
    Natasha in Oz

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!