Saturday, August 10, 2013

Easy Zucchini, Bean, and Rice Bake

Happy Saturday! I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend. I'm learning how to balance a full-time job with a part-time job on my weekends. It's tricky to say the least, but hey, I can't complain since I'm the one that wants to make some extra money. Anyway... just because I'm working a lot and have less time to cook real meals doesn't mean that I can't eat wholesome food. It just means that I have to get creative with what I'm cooking.

I'm all about simple food. I love dinners that can come together in no time at all and meals that can be prepped ahead of time. This healthy rice bake has just a few ingredients and will be on the table before you know it!


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups uncooked brown rice
3 medium to large zucchinis, sliced and quartered
1 medium onion, peeled and diced
2 cans blacked beans, rinsed and drained
1 to 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat shredded cheese, divided
Salt and pepper, to taste
Cooking spray

Directions:

Cook brown rice as directed on package. This can be cooked ahead of time.

Preheat the oven to 350* F and spray a baking dish with nonstick spray.

In a heated pan sprayed with nonstick spray, cook the zucchini and onion for about 5 minutes.

In a medium size mixing bowl, combine rice, beans, zucchini, onion, salt and pepper, and cheese.

Pour mixture into the baking dish. Top with remaining cheese.

Bake for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted and zucchini cooked to your desired tenderness.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!