Tuesday, August 6, 2013

HIIT Workout #1

I've been really good about sharing recipes with you all and I've shared a few DIY crafts and printables, but I realized that I've definitely not shared any of my workouts. I'm a licensed Zumba Fitness Instructor (in case you didn't know) so I definitely get my Zumba on a few times a week, but I'm also a huge fan of HIIT workouts (high intensity interval training) because they're quick and effective. I've been doing them since October about three times each week. I fit better in my clothes and I feel more confident. Though I haven't really lost weight doing these workouts, due to muscle gain, I'm in the best shape of my life.

So, even though I don't have a video to post, I'm going to share a HIIT workout I did last week. If you're not familiar with some of the exercises, you can look them up or leave a question in the comment box below :)
 
******* Please, use common sense when exercising. Listen to your body, take breaks as needed, modify exercises as needed, and stay hydrated.
 
Here's what you will need:
 
Stability ball
Dumbbells (medium and heavy weights)
Yoga mat
Interval timer or clock
 
Here's what you will do:
 
Set your interval timer for 12- 40 second rounds and a 15 second break. If you don't have a timer, use a clock and perform each exercise for 40 seconds with a 15 second rest between each exercise. Repeat each sequence three times. Rest for 1-2 minutes between rounds if you need to.
 
 
 
Let me know if you like it! I'd like to start posting workouts on the regular, so I'd love to hear what you think.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!