Monday, January 12, 2015

Honey Dijon Chicken

Hi, friends. How are you? I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend.

I took a Zumba class with a new-to-me instructor and it was wonderful. I had a ton of fun shakin' it and I have now found my new favorite Sunday activity.


I've also been crafting up some fun Valentine crafts and recipes. I might be biased (hello, Valentine's birthday), but there's something so fun about hearts, candy, chocolate, and love! I'll be sharing them over the next few weeks.

When life seems a little crazy, it is so much easier to have a simple dinner to make. Meal planning also helps, too. In case you're stuck in a quick dinner rut, here's a delicious and easy dinner idea for you: Honey Dijon Chicken.


I've totally made a different version of this recipe before. The original is here. I didn't have lemon juice and I didn't want to add bacon or as much cheese, but it still turned out excellent. Served alongside some fresh steamed green beans, it was a 15 minute dinner success.


Honey Dijon Chicken
adapted from Six Sisters Stuff

Ingredients:

1/4 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into smaller pieces
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
2 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms
1/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese

Directions:

In a small bowl, combine the first two ingredients and set aside.

Evenly coat the chicken in the olive oil. In a hot skillet over medium heat, cook the chicken (with the lid on) until cooked through. Turn the chicken every few minutes for even browning. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and set aside.

In the same skillet, saute the mushrooms until they are tender. Return the chicken to the skillet and top with cheese and the sauce mixture. Place the lid over the skillet and keep covered until the cheese has melted.


Here's to a wonderful week!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!