Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Healthy "Baked" Apple

I hope you all are having a fabulous week. It's a busy one for me... I'm heading out of town this weekend for a Tai Chi training. Tai Chi is very new to me and it's been very interesting to learn about this ancient practice. 

If you're like me, you've been indulging in a lot of treats and delicious food lately. I'm using Easter as an excuse. In times like this, I need healthy snack ideas to help get me back on track. So, to help combat overindulging, I'm sharing a guiltless, yet delicious recipe with you today.

Fruit is probably my favorite food group. I almost always get the recommended serving of fruit each day, but sometimes plain ol' fruit just doesn't seem to be satisfying... especially when I have dessert on my mind. With this easy recipe, a plain apple quickly transforms into a delicious treat- a Healthy "Baked" Apple

And the best part? It's totally guilt-free!


Ingredients:

1 apple (I used Golden Delicious for the sweetness)
1 tablespoon raisins
Dash of cinnamon

Directions:

Wash and core the apple. Cut the apple into 8 slices. On a microwave-safe plate, cook the apple for 2-3 minutes, or until you have reached your desired tenderness. Sprinkle on the cinnamon and add the raisins. Allow the apple to cool for a few minutes before enjoying.


What's your favorite healthy snack?


4 comments:

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!