Monday, April 28, 2014

Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli

I hope you all had an amazing weekend. This post was definitely set on auto-publish, as I would have got home around midnight last night after a weekend in Charlottesville, VA for a Tai Chi training. So, being transparent and all, I'm probably sound asleep... dreaming about this recipe...

Sometimes I get the strangest cravings for Chinese food and I just have to have it. However, going out isn't always an option-- or even the quickest option. This super easy Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli recipe is sure to satisfy any craving for Chinese food. Serve it over brown rice and you've got a great dinner!


Slow Cooker Beef and Broccoli

Ingredients:

1 cup beef broth
1/4 cup soy sauce
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame oil (I used olive oil)
3 cloves minced garlic
2 lbs. boneless beef roast, cut thinly
2 tablespoons corn starch
1/4 cup water
2 broccoli crowns, cut into florets

Directions:

Whisk together the first six ingredients. Place the beef in the slow cooker and coat the beef with the sauce mixture. Cover and cook on low for 90 minutes. In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water. Stir the cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker and add the broccoli. Set the slow cooker to high and serve immediately.

Recipe from damndelicious.net


What type of ethnic food is your favorite?

Mexican hands down, but Mediterranean food is pretty amazing as well.


4 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I would love for you share it on my Tasty Tuesday recipe link up here! Everything gets pinned and I would love to have you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a great beef and broccoli recipe. Thanks for sharing with us at Simple Supper Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My husband would have Chinese every night if it were up to him, so I can't wait to try this out for him! Thank you so much for linking up at Tasty Tuesday! Your recipe has been pinned to the Tasty Tuesday Pinterest board! Please join us again next week!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave a comment; I'd love to hear from you!